They say when you pay it forward, it comes back to you in ways you least expect it! This happened to me today. As my mom always told me, you never do anything for people with the heart and belief that they owe you something in return. It’s true…
So much to be grateful for today….Today, I am thankful for:
- the lovely brunch with my cousin…her treat!
- the two wonderful baristas at Starbucks really spoilt me…one bought me tea and the other bought me a coffee cake….for no reason 🙂
- spending a day with no worries or stresses
- realizing how much I miss my little ones from my K1 classroom
- spending time on school work
- enjoying my day and being in the moment
- a wonderful friend and her friend sharing the Christmas cards for crafts next week
What a wonderful and blessed day!
What a sad day in Hollywood…Debbie Reynolds dies a day after her daughter. Yes, it is sad but it is rather sweet in that it shows the type of bond they had that they couldn’t live apart even for a day.
Today, I am thankful for:
- my family
- my wonderful hubby who brought home dinner
- my day of tv, sleeping in, and nothingness
It is almost the end of an interesting year…2016! Some may say good riddance and others may have had the best year yet. For me, it’s been a year of learning and changing. So what did I learn from a year of change?
I learned that sometimes you just have to listen to yourself and not to everyone else like the media, the colleagues, the family, etc.
I learned that whatever you do, do it with all your heart or don’t do it at all. If you’re not in for the sheer joy and not in the moment, then why are you doing it? To please others? To get something out of it? Then don’t do it cause it’s not worth it!!
I learned that those who appear to be your friend or someone who cares, isn’t always. Some people are a wolf in sheep’s clothing…need I say more?
I learned that family means more than anything in the world the older you get.
I learned that moments mean more to me than things.
I learned that you just have to live each day to it’s best and stay in the moment.
I learned that I don’t want regrets.
I learned that 2016 was what I made of it…so bring it on 2017! Happy New Year!
No, my name is not Wendy but I needed to find a name that I could link to the feeling. I am a worry wart….I worry everyday about everything….and why? A few years ago I couldn’t have told you but now I have realized it’s because it’s a control issue! If you are anxious about something or feel worried, it’s because that thing or person you are worrying about or feeling anxious about is out of your control!! For example, death, cancer, heart attack, etc., is not something we have control over, these things are bound to happen no matter what you do. But as a worrying Wendy, the unknown makes my mind create thoughts and ideas that are in my control, not always positive.
So how does one win over worrying Wendy? No clue!! Any ideas??
I had a day of errands and excitement, so as usual, there is lots to be thankful for. Today, I am grateful for:
- not having to go to Burnaby for car insurance renewal
- waking up early and getting things done
- the lady at Walmart who made me smile as she put a 50 inch tv in her little car for her daughter who she adores
- having gone to watch the movie, SING – a wonderful and a make you feel good movie with a moral – never give up on yourself
- having me time to read at my happy place…TIMS!
- the fact that my car insurance did not go up by much
There is ALWAYS something to be thankful for 🙂
The last three days have been with time to reflect and these are the things I am truly grateful for:
- the lovely lady on the shuttle bus who waited for me outside the hotel room
- the cute young couple sitting next to me on the plane…the girl was going to meet his family over the holidays 🙂
- my hubby who finds ways to show me that he loves me
- the 2 pyjama day days of Netflix and reading
- the food and more food over the last 2 days
- the fact that I have more ONE more week of holidays
- to be back in Canada, home of Tim Hortons
- the sleeping in I could get used to fairly easily
- the late nights binge watching tv
So much more to be grateful for today. My holiday away in LV ends today and I leave for home tomorrow morning. As much as there were days of anger with the establishment I was staying at, I also realized that there are some very nice people that still exist. So today, I am thankful for:
- the wonderful colleague and her hubby I had coffee with for 3hrs
- the wonderful waitress who kept bringing me free drinks 🙂
- the most polite lady at the front desk who was very sweet and thanked me for giving her my I.D. without being asked
- the yummy Starbucks latte
- the overall vacation where I could walk all day and everyday!
- thankful to be going back home to my wonderful hubby
- the pictures I took this week
- being ALIVE!
Today was a quiet day but there is always something to be thankful for!
I am grateful for:
- the fitbit! Keeps me aware of how much or how little walking I do in a day…
- the guest services manager who kindly responded to my email.
- the lovely strangers who are willing to listen
- the few friends I have
- the daily blessings in my life
- being a teacher
- the unconditional support of my family
Lots of emotions to get through today, but there is still so much to be thankful for!
Today, I am grateful for:
- the lovely people that work at Harrah’s (not housekeeping or Guest Services) who are super nice and willing to help you out!
- the reading time at Cafe Belle Madeleine
- the yummy food I had for dinner
- lovely friends who just check in on me
- my supportive hubby
- my health!
Well, it’s been a busy, busy few days and I couldn’t get to my laptop just to write or chill…So here’s a major catchup on all the days from December 13 to the 20! These are all in ONE:
I am thankful for:
- the wonderful parents and students in my class
- the wonderful people I work with
- the unconditional support from my colleagues
- the amazing winter concert at school
- the students pulling it together a great performance at the winter concert
- winter holidays
- the thoughtful gifts from my secret Santa
- the best teacher gift from my kiddos!
- the generous parents who made a contribution to the school instead of giving me presents
- my generous hubby
- my wonderful family
- my few but wonderful friends
- having ME time to read, have coffee, and sleep
- having a wonderful few days in Las Vegas
- the cold crisp wintry and snowy days
- my amazing sister who sends pictures of my wonderful and adorable pictures
- my wonderful car who will be a year old 🙂
- the fact that I have a roof over my head and food on the table
- the wonderful adventures I have had in 2016
I will do better at keeping this updated!!